Ouch!



...and that is how I ended up in an Indonesian hospital.

But let me back up.

Apparently I'm a few inches taller than the average Indonesian. While making a visit to the bathroom, I didn't realize how short the door frame was, and I crashed my head into the top of the door frame. When I pulled my hand back -- well, you can imagine. Anyways, the bleeding stopped fairly quickly but the cut looked big enough that needed a stitch or two to close it up. Well, the good folks here at the school were about to load me onto a motorcycle (that's all that was available to drive at that moment!) and zip me up the street to the hospital. Thankfully, at just that moment, a driver and a car showed up to take me to a near hospital.

I will say, these good people were very friendly, and very kind. I will also say that the new haircut they gave me...well... let's say it was worth the price.  Which, very kindly, was nothing -- the medical staff there happily did the work for nothing. And aside from their barbering skills, they provided excellent care. So I'll live -- no worries.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Two Weeks Here In Salem

Pastor Wife on Sabbatical (Amy's perspective)

Sights and Sounds of India